7 SIGNS FOR UNHEALTHY SOULBIND
Sex is a three-dimensional experience: mind, soul and body. Every time you have sex with someone, there is a bond with that person. Dr. Daniel Amen writes in his book “The Happy Brain” (original title “Change Your Brain, Change Your Life”): “Every time a person interacts sexually with another person, neurochemical changes occur in both brains, which result in a limbic, emotional Promote attachment.
Limbic bonds are the reason why casual sex doesn’t really work for most people on a mental and physical level. Two people may choose to have sex “just for fun,” but something happens on another level that they may not have chosen at all: sex strengthens the emotional bond between them, whether they want it or not. One of the two, mostly the woman, develops a bond and is hurt when a volatile relationship ends. One reason why women are usually the most injured is that the female limbic system is larger than that of the man. “
This is what we call soul ties. Sex is like sticking two pieces of wood together and tearing them apart the next day. Of course, something from the opposite piece sticks to each piece of wood. A piece of your sex partner (good, bad and ugly) is part of you for the rest of your life (and vice versa). So you can imagine what would happen if you even made bonds with multiple partners.
Unhealthy soul ties are often the result of short-term relationships with different partners with whom you have a lifelong bond through sex. The bond (soul bond) remains far beyond the end of the relationship, which leads to the fact that both sexual partners long for wholeness.
THREE REASONS WHY UNHEALTHY SOUL BINDINGS TAKE PLACE:
1. People are misinformed and are therefore convinced that sex is only a one-dimensional, physical act with no emotional or spiritual connection. But after sex, they mysteriously long for the person they may not even like.
2. A person (usually the woman) surrenders sexually to someone and expects the intimate act of intercourse to create a bond that leads to the relationship becoming deeper and stronger. But she soon discovers that her sexual partner has only used her need for intimacy and vulnerability to get her to bed. Of course, this means that a person is emotionally and spiritually connected to someone they deeply reject!
3. Two people decide to marry and therefore assume that the marriage promise is only a formality. So you live together and enjoy a sexual relationship, outside of a lifelong commitment. But later they decide (for whatever reason) that they don’t want to live in an alliance and end the relationship. They usually do not notice how deeply they have hurt each other when their souls have been torn apart and the whole structure of their being has been shattered in separation.
I know there are a hundred other reasons why unhealthy soul ties take place, but I’m just trying to give you a few examples.
7 signs that you have an unhealthy soul bond:
1. You are in a physical and / or emotional and / or spiritual relationship characterized by abuse, but you are so attached to it that you refuse to break the connection and set limits.
2. You ended a relationship (maybe a long time ago), but you still think obsessively about the other person (you can’t get them out of your thoughts).
3. Whenever you do something – make a decision, have a conversation with someone, etc. – you feel like that person is with you or is watching you.
4. If you have sex with someone else (hopefully your husband or wife), you can hardly prevent yourself from imagining the person with whom you have a soul bond.
5. You take on the negative qualities of the person to whom your soul is bound and accept their violations, regardless of whether you actually agree with them or not.
6. You defend your right to remain in a relationship with the person to whom your soul is attached, although this negatively affects or even destroys important relationships in your life (husband, wife, children, mentors, etc.).
7. You have the same experiences and / or “moods” as the person to whom your soul is bound. You can even have the same illnesses, accidents, addictions, etc.